Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I only have 2 minutes...

Between my child's ongoing tantrums today. I feel like a bad mom, but I just need to get away and entertain yall for a few minutes. Luckily Tommy is here today- so he is sitting on the couch with Paisley watching "Ninny" or how I say "Nemo".Latetly I feel like I am walking on egg shells with Paisley. Now, normally this is a feeling people get around highly anxious, self righteous and selfish people, but this is not the case with my sweet innocent little child. It's not. I refuse to let the terminology "Terrible Twos" into my head, because I know that is just not the case, AND I know that if you put that in your mind- then you are setting yourself up for that exact thing. So- she is just going through a rough patch as I like to call it. (sigh, double sigh) I have had a headache for the past 3 days, (when this all started) and I feel like now I understand why parents drink. Is it 5 o'clock somewhere???

I love being a Mommy, I really do- like my good pal LIz said, it is my highest achievement to date- but right now, all I want to do is anything and everything to NOT make her spontaneously combust. I swore up and down that I would never be "THAT" mom and today- I am. Do you know that at Target, she was sitting in the cart oh-so patiently then all of a sudden, she climbed out and sat on the conveyer belt!!!! OMG- as funny as it was seeing my BIG blue eyed girl slowly moving towards the register, it wasn't funny!!! I knew as soon as I were to take her off, there would be screaming, arms flailing, feet kicking, and ever other loud and obnoxious sound (that you hear come out of a kid and quietly say under your breath, "WOW-I sure am glad that isn't MY kid" ) was going to come out- AND, it WAS my kid this time. SO- what'd I do? I pulled out some baby Crack (which is now churro bites from our local Sprouts store) from my purse, and all was well with the world. For 2 minutes at least.

3 comments:

Ghia said...

Hey girl...sounds like you need a drink! Let's meet for happy hour, okay??

Brandi said...

Terrible 2's, a patch...whatever you call it, it happens here on a daily basis. I pick my battles and do the best I can. I am still amazed at the tantrum a not even 2 yr old can pull off. The choreography is amazing!

Kalyn said...

I need lots of drinks Can you mmet me several nights in a row or for one VERY long period of time ? ;)

stat counter