Sunday, December 9, 2007

My husband is The Bomb-Diggity

I love him. I really do. He is up at his Fire Department saving lives of the people who reside in Campo, and Blvd. County. It is 31 degrees out, snow is falling on the ground, and he is there. Not here. VOLUNTEERING. Some people may think this is bragging, I think it is empowering. I think older women lose sight of what it means to support their husbands and we young-ins surround our hubbies with warm fuzzies. Like a big Bear Hug. Talking positively about or too your husband is one of the many ways to keep a marriage healthy and alive. That and sex. My Mom once read me an article about how listening and talking TO not AT your husband, is one of 5 ways to make a marriage last. Life is about what you put out- not what you take in, and I am so proud to know and SAY to you and the rest of the world without putting other people down, that my husband is the Bomb Diggity or for better words, A BAD ASS.

9 comments:

Liz said...

Yay for Mr. Tummy and for young strong marriages! Woo hoo for our tough guys!

brooke2916 said...

Again... you give me inspiration!

Ghia said...

There is nothing more important to a husband than having a supportive wife. They love it when we stroke their egos! I've never met Tommy, but I'm sure he is most definitely THE BOMB DIGGITY!!!

Kalyn said...

See... I agree with you Ghia!!! Having a supportive wife who tells them and eveyone else how great they are only helps... it would never hurt!

Ghia said...

And let me just mention one of my pet peeves...People who can only identify themselves with their husband's (or child's or parent's) accomplishments. I mean, really...Just because my husband is awesome doesn't automatically make me awesome---I have to prove my awesome-ness myself!!

Kalyn said...

Ghia. I love you. That is why, in the end, those kind of people are exactly where they were umm.. let's say 3 years ago. :)

Liz said...

deeeeeeaaaaam. well that answers ONE question for me. =)

Liz said...

and ghia...no worries girlfriend...your awesomeness is NOT up for question. =)

Sarah D said...

Yeah he is...and so is my hubby! Don't know what all that other talk is about, sure it's good...dish!

stat counter