Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I've got a Prescription for Happiness

WOW- I am on cloud nine today! Today has been one of the best days in a really long time- and for no particular reason really! Brace yourself- this is going to be a mushy one:

Today I left the house at 10 and I was smiling from ear to ear. I don't even know why. I mean I do- but I don't. Life is just really good right now- and nothing has really changed. Well, a lot has changed actually and I contemplated talking about this for, well, a month now.

Exactly one month ago, I decided to talk to my Dr. about getting on an Anti- Depressant/ Anxiety medicine. Ever since I had Paisley, I felt I couldn't get back "in the swing of things" and I wasn't my "normal" self. I was getting more and more overwhelmed about the smallest of things- For the first year, I blamed it all on lack of sleep. Then the second year came and went- and I blamed it on stress of day to day life- now as Paisey is about to turn 3. I have no more excuses. I am now on Lexapro- and Loving it. It has taken the "edge" off my stresses and helps me think and act more rationally! Tommy and I have had no silly tiff's and absolutely NO arguments! For some reason, being on anti depressants/ Anxiety med's is never talked about. People are embarrassed about it, and I'm going to change that. I was embarassed at first, don't get me wrong, in fact- the day I came home from the Dr.'s with a prescription, I cried- I cried so hard because I felt like I needed drugs to be normal. Tommy leaned over and kissed me on the forehead- and said he loves me no matter what medicine I take!!! From that moment on- I was okay with it.

Life is funny... When you are happy- happy things happen. When you are sad, or mad- life presents negative things. A friend of mine and I were just talking about this today- and it is totally true. I am a firm believer in if you put it out there- it will come back to you. Wether it be positive, or negative! The more you think about the good happening in your life the more you are aware of the good things that surround you. There is so much to say about positivity and leading a positive lifestyle- I'll have to save some for another post.

Overall, I have no things to complain about (today) Paisley was a GREAT kid today while we ran FOUR errands- she played nicely with her friend (that's always a plus). The sun is out- it is a beautiful 70 degrees with a cool breeze. My husband is happy and healthy, I had a GREAT hour (if not longer) long distance phone conversation with a friend. Bills are paid- Rent is paid, and there is still extra money in the bank (another HUGE plus) I went shopping at Target- went shopping at EA.... Life is GREAT.

* Maybe I spoke too soon- Paisley just woke up grumpy :)

6 comments:

Ghia said...

Girl--you gotta do what you gotta do! Glad you're feeling back to 'normal'!

ps-what did you get at EA???

Liz said...

YAY! I love this post!

I'm so happy for you! And I'm really proud of you for putting it out there.

***kisses***

Our Family of Four said...

A. I'm happy for you
B. There is nothing to be embarrassed about and
C. CAN I HAVE SOME!!!

Oye, life is so stressful right now I actually talked with Mike tonight about taking the house off the market. I know, crazy!

So happy for are happy... nice to read such a fun post!

Anonymous said...

Good, Im glad you got that off your chest! EA huh? Without me??!

Sarah Bear

brooke2916 said...

Isn't it wonderful when things are good and happy??!! If it takes a little help, so be it! Life is stressful these days. If it weren't for me being preggers, I'd probably be right there with you on the Lexipro!

Anonymous said...

so, i was visiting your myspace today and decided to do some surfing... when you mentioned this website i had to check it out... cause i'm secretly not working at work today! haha... anyway... there's nothing to be embarrassed about taking an anti-depressant, no matter how long ago you had a baby! i talked to my doc about it 3 months after having Ryan and i've been on Zoloft ever since! it took a little while for me to notice a difference but i really do notice a differencr, and boy do i notice it even more when i run out and forget to pick up my next subscription! the livelyhood of us busy mothers is crazy... you'll get through it and i'm sure tommy will be by your side every step of the way... if you ever need to talk, i know we're not good/close friends, but we can be... i've been there and going through it and i'm willing to talk about it!! xoxo

stat counter