Sunday, January 18, 2009

Deceptive yet TOTALLY Delicious

It works.... and it's amazing. I've never seen my child take such big bites, or ask for more. Honestly.

Today I decided to (finally) puree a bunch of fruits and veggies. I put Paisley down for her nap at 1 and went into the kitchen and started steaming Butternut Squash, Carrots, and Spaghetti Squash. For the second round, I steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower and pureed a banana. When I sat down, it was just a little after 2. I couldn't believe how fast it actually was. It didn't take nearly as long as I had expected. I put all my puree in the soft muffin tins. Except they aren't tins. They're rubber. It made for easy popping out. once they froze, I put them all in freezer bags for recipes I'll make this week.

Tonight, for dinner, I made Grilled Chicken, Mozz. Sticks w/ hidden Cauliflower and Buttered Noodles with hidden Cauliflower. Paisley ate it all. Like All. Tomorrow, for breakfast, I am making Banana French Toast. You take some purred bananas and add it to the egg mixture that you dip your bread in. YUM! I'm really excited to try that one. :) Tonight, I got so excited, I ran (back) to the grocery store and bought 6 apples. When I got home I peeled them, cored them (I'm lying. I made my mom do all that) then cut them up into slices. Added some cinnamon and put them in an empty pot. They got soft and I pureed them. OMG...... warm, home made applesauce is right up there with the big "O". Sorry. TMI? But really.... you should try it. It's DE-licious!

I am so excited for this new chapter of healthier eating in our family... It kinda makes me want to have another baby so I can make all the baby food from home. Kinda. 

3 comments:

Liz said...

are you already pregnant? this is the second time in two days you've mentioned that.

hm???

well???

tommy starts his NINE MONTH school really, really soon.

i will be trying those cinnamon apples with a quickness. sweet! did you know we got organic apples at target for sixty cents LESS than normal apples? sweet.

Mommy3 said...

ooooo sounds delicious! I made all of our kids' baby foods when they were babies and it wasn't that bad. I would just do it when they were in bed and freeze it and thaw out the portions I needed. :) I have a book that has some good baby recipes too...if you ever need....I'll actually go look for it and give you a title bc I can't remember it off hand right now. :) Are there any plans for another future little one soon? Sorry I had to ask!

Anonymous said...

oh, you are so good-I NEED to be doing the same for Mr Picky eater in my house! So you are starting to get kinda get baby fever again??!!! That is exciting! I wish I'd catch that fever rather than the nasty winter virus I have now! enough of this snow and cold! Keep us blog readers posted on any baby news. Happy cooking and eating! kate

stat counter