Wednesday, September 5, 2007

All kinds of sentiments.

The other day I was at the grocery store when this really nice, middle aged lady, said to me "What a beautiful little girl, what is she, 3?" I told her that Paisley was just barely 2 and that we get that all the time. She said that she looks so adult, and very mature for her age. As flattered as I was, I couldn't help but think, why is America in such a rush to raise our children? I mean, 13 year olds now are doing FAR MORE things than I was EVER doing at 13. Even 8 year olds have cell phones, where I didn't own one until I was 17. It just blows me away.

I want Paisley to be this young forever. I want her to call me "Mama" and her Daddy, "Dada" until she is 18. OK- that may be a little weird, but you get the point. I think that every day should be cherished for what it is. I guess losing my Dad at the age of 3 has taught me far more that I ever realized. I look at Paisley and see what a bond her and her Daddy have, and I see now, that I too had a bond with my Dad, I just don't remember it.

Tonight Paisley was sitting on the floor, in between her Daddy's feet, and she had her baby doll swaddled (thanks to Daddy) and was very gently feeding her the bottle. I heard her say under her breath " Niiiiice bay-bee,Yummm Jooce" I started to tear up and had to interrupt Tommy, and point out that I, A) never want this moment to go away and B) That THIS is a perfect example of how women start planning their wedding at a young age, and start naming their kids before they ever have their first kiss (like me).

Paisley is my baby. She is my light. She is the reason why I do what I do. I love that she is only 2 and people think she is 3. I love that I can see in her eyes the Love that Tommy and I both have for her. (and those are some pretty big eyes!) I love that she is a good baby, and has never given me too hard of a time ( I would have argued this when she was 7 mo. old) I love her words, or lack there of. I love that she looks more and more like me every day, but is a spitting image of her Daddy. I love that she LOVES her friends. I am so proud of her, and all that she has accomplished in her two years of life. I can not wait for her to grow up and be my best friend that we are today. But for now- I love that she is our baby girl.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Tearing up over here...

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Hey - this is Leigh gray with the purses. I have the pink taller paisley left and the smaller green one with bamboo handles left, but that is it. I am pretty sure I have a pink wallet that goes with that one, but i would have to check. the purses are $38 and the wallets are $18.

please email directly if you are interested. I will need to hear quickly as things are selling fast with this contest.

thank you!!

cletus104@gmail.com

Liz said...

k, that is so sweet. you maybe might want to consider maybe printing this out (maybe) and placing it on a piece of paper roughly 12x12 inches...and maybe you can include a photo of your blue-eyed girl. and maybe some ribbon or somethin'

but this is beautiful. may they grow slow.=)

Maria said...

And this is why I wish that my favorite onsie for Matt would come in sizes all the way up to 18 years old. It says "Mommy is my 1st love." It's really more because my boys (Andy, Matt, and John) are my 1st and greatest loves.

stat counter