Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Clean up on the FRIGGIN FRAME ISLE !!!

Yesterday at Target Paisley had one of those tantrums where the whole store can hear, and every parent is thanking their lucky starts it is not THERE kid making the fuss. I had to pull my cart over to the side of the road, (Frame Isle) and try to explain to her that this was not a place for screaming or yelling. That we were on out way out- and if she could "just sit down" for the umpteenth time- that we would be able to get outta here sooner- than wasting time in the FRIGGIN FRAME ISLE. Then, she did the unthinkable. She (softly) hit me in the face. As in "shut-up Mommy." SO- we spent another 2 minutes (a minute for each year old she is) in the FRIGGIN FRAME ISLE. She screamed bloody murder the entire 2 minutes- and after I explained why we do not hit our Mommy's- and only 2 mommy's passing by us with a smile on their face, we were through. It was by far the worst shopping experience to date. Luckily the remainder of my shopping trip was ok. Paisley had rummaged through my purse and found a lollipop that had been in my purse for what I like to call "Emergency Situations" Clearly- she knew it was in my purse and was just trying to point out that THIS was an Emergency Situation. At least I'd like to think so. SO- with one disaster behind us, and many more in theses next few years to come... I now think it is important to always be ready for an Emergency :)

8 comments:

Liz said...

yeah...carly tried that, too. i only hope her dad is around the first time she REALLY tries to say "shut UP, mom."

Sarah D said...

Is that what I have to look forward to??!!

Brandi said...

I so gotta get some lollipops for my purse! Sounds like its been the week of toddler tantrums...wait, its only Tuesday.

Ghia said...

Joseph melted in Mervyns today...I mean, literally MELTED...I didn't know that his hands could grip the floor. It was completely ridiculous.

Ghia said...

By the way, don't even mess with those Dum-dum lollipops. They're too small and the kids bite right through them. It'll only buy you about 5 minutes. Go straight to See's and get the vanilla pops (yum). Those will last you a good half hour, and they can't get their teeth through them! Not that I'm speaking from experience, or anything like that!

Kalyn said...

Ghia- I luv you, I really do. Yeah- we skipped those "dumb-dumb's" they were kinda..um, how you say..... DUMB. Instead, we have Jolly Rancher Lolipops. They are round, not the square ones. They work miracles. Most the time, Paisley just likes to hold it. She never ends up actually EATING it. So it works all around. :)

Maria said...

So Andy is now in this phase of just throwing thing whe he's done with them. It's not only annoying and angering, it's frigging embarassing! I just want to snatch him up and dump him in his carseat and speed away. Too bad we're not always in a position to do that. I wish sometimes that I could just make him invisible so people wouldn't see my littl juvie.

brooke2916 said...

Yeah, lollipops are a mommies lifesaver! I just realised this with Logan, It'll keep him totally happy while I need to get something done. That and those fruit roll-ups from Costco!

stat counter