Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In Case You Don't Know Me

I'd like to introduce my child. She is warm, caring, loves her friends, and wears her heart on her sleeve. She is MY child.

Today, we were on our way to meet Brooke, and Logan at Legoland. Our weekly activity. I was on the phone with my Mom and Paisley was screaming "LO-LO, LO-LO, LO-LO..." in a very sweet, yet extremely annoying way. My Mom was like "What is she yelling???" I told her she was yelling for Logan, just like she does for Caw-yee. I told her that I felt kinda bad for Paisley because she really gets passionate about her friends. That she just wants to be with them, see if they are ok, and have lots of fun. My mom said.... ".....and do you know anyone like that? Who do you think she gets that from?? " OMG- the light bulb went off immediately. SHE IS MY CHILD! We are IDENTICAL with our friendships. I am such a lover when it comes to friends. And in case you don't know- my daughter is the same. I love my friends, I want the best for them. I tell them when I am happy for them, I tell them when I am sad for them. I am honest to the fullest extent with them- I will never leave their side. I tell them when I am disappointed, I tell them when I am concerned. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I guess when I look at it that way, Paisley is not that obsessive, like I thought she was, she is just enamored with what good people they are. Just like I am with my true friends.

In my life, I have about 5 best friends right now. (You know who you are) they are in my day to day life, and they make me smile every-time we talk. I would so much rather have you 5 then 15 flaky friends who are only here when it is convenient or easy to be with. Friendships take work- and I am glad I have you 5 who know that. Thank you for allowing me to be who I am, and for being there for me when I need to vent, or cry. I am always here for you- and I can PROMISE you that. :)

4 comments:

Maria said...

I completely agree! I have always preferred a small group of close and reliable friends that scads of hanger-ons. I want people in my life who I can trust and rely on. Not people that I have to wonder about.

Brandi said...

I agree too! I'm sorry I moved before we got a chance to become closer, but you know you changed my life in one big way = sleep! Sharing your experience and information helped us meet Davis and have a normal life again. I will never forget that, and hope I can be a far away friend :)

Liz said...

I.L.Y.

2

=)

brooke2916 said...

I agree!! Those are the best types of friendships you can have :)

P.S. you forgot about Lo-lo's bo-bo!!! LOL!

stat counter