Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Welcome Home Kavanaugh Family

Tonight I had one of those moments, several of those moments actually. After coming back from trick-or-treating, I was uploading my photos, and I saw the most beautiful photo. My husband, the man I love- holding OUR daughter, as sweet as she can be, and he had a HUGE smile on his face, one that I have not seen in quite some time. He looks good- and she look innocent. It took my breath away and brought a tear to my eye... this is a moment that I want to cherish forever. This has been the best Halloween that I can remeber having. It is innocent- and fun, and new.... not like the older 16 year olds who carry eggs with them in case a house runs out of candy. This is OUR first halloween, OUR moment together- and I am so glad that I had my camera to capture that moment, & feeling on film.

Then, later on in the evening I thought back to one of the houses I went to. I knocked on the door with Paisley and I heard the people in the house yell to their dog to stop barking. The name they yelled to the dog was "Panchita" it struck me as a familiar name, but I though nothing of it. It wasn't until the wife of the house called to her husband to come and see Paisley and her Friend, when I realized it was my 7th and 8th grade Spanish, or shall I say, Espanol teacher!!! Senor Valdez..... WHAT THE ???!!!!!! Now- I know that I did not recognize that dogs name from when I was in 7th grade, because that would make that dog over 13 years old. SO, it must have been the universe's way of telling me to pay attention. WIth that- paying attention, I realized how nice it is to feel at home in this neighborhood- to know that there is a man with a Purple Heart medal who lives across from me, my old Spanish teacher behind me, a wonderful family w/ a 2 yr old boy next to me (who made Paisley a special baggie) a day care service right behind me, and a nice man down on the corner who spends his money and his time to have the best decorated house on the block so the kids can smile. Seeing as how many wonderfull people are in my neighborhood, I'm guessing there will be lots of breads baking in my oven this holiday season!!! :)

2 comments:

Liz said...

mmmm almond champagne and cranberries =)

i love this post.

Our Family of Four said...

Very cool :o) Yo estoy feliz que tu estas feliz!

stat counter