Monday, November 12, 2007

Good for you, but BAAAAAD for me. :(

I read some very sad news about 2 minutes ago. One of my best friends is MOVING to New Orleans in about 3 months. I mean- putting aside the fact that this allows her family to be together, and for the 3 of them to be in the same state, never-mind, the same COUNTRY. I am happy for them. EXTREMELY happy for them. But what about me???? Hey- I'm an only child... isn't it always about me?

This gal was my friend when some of my bestest friends weren't. She was my first "Motherhood Friend" the first friend to invite me and my baby girl to a playdate. My daughters first friends Mommy..... I can go on and on- I really can. This friend opened my creative door to Scrapbooking and THAT is something I can never thank her enough for. She has taught me how to let go a little when it comes to parenting (God knows I am fine in other departments!!!), and to go with the flow. I have learned so many things from her... how to be a good, strong wife and mother, how to cut an onion, how to make Taboulie (sp?) and that "No Pudge Fudge" isn't all that bad. TO NAME A FEW!!!!!

I can't stop my (happy for her, sad for me) tears. How am I going to explain to Paisley that her best friend has to go... but that we need to be happy for her. That it is called being self-less. This is going to be my first REAL life lesson that I will have to teach Paisley, not by choice, but by life's (Fortunate) circumstances. This friend of mine will always hold a special place in my heart, and I will never be able to thank her enough for the things she has brought into my life.

I gotta go now. The lump in my throat is getting to big. I better stop crying or Tommy is going to think something is seriously wrong with me.

Love,
Your Mascara Streaked Friend.

5 comments:

Liz said...

i can't see anymore either.

it's contagious. ask amy and amanda - the good ones stick around.

no really i can't see. i love you!!!!

Brandi said...

That is so sweet. But true friends are friends always.

Ghia said...

we can go through the withdrawals together...

McCoyFamily said...

Oh great, I'm crying again :(

Our Family of Four said...

Oh that is so sweet and soooo sad Kalyn! But trust me, I moved across the country and not only is she still my friend, she doesn't even get mad at me when I wake her up at 6 a.m. for no good reason :o)

stat counter