Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Takin' It In

I heard a gal on L.A Ink say "Life Inspires Me" last night, and once she said it- I immediately drifted off. I started thinking about how life inspires me, how life is all around us all the time, all you have to do is stop- and look. Or Listen for that matter. Right then, I looked out my window and saw a moth flying around my front porch light, which was anxiously awaiting the return of my husband. Then I heard a frog croak in my backyard. I love frogs! (Oddly enough in the past 3 houses I have lived in- I have had frogs in my backyard. Weird.)

Life is full of emotions and the older I get, the more I realize how full of life, or emotions I truly am. I think being a photographer, it has made me more susceptible to feeling and seeing emotions. I once had a friend tell me that I had "too big of a heart" and that I "needed to hide it more". Every so often I think about what he said, and I wonder if he is right. As one of my bestest friends drove away today towards her new life in Louisiana, I started thinking about how I had to keep my overwhelming emotions kept up so she could be strong too. I wanted to cry. I wanted to call her up on the phone and tell her all the wonderful things she has given me in life. That she was there for me when not many of my "true" friends were. That I will never be able to thank her enough for what she has taught me as a person, a friend, a wife, and a mother. I have to stop myself, take a deep breathe and remind myself of how thankful I am for the other amazing people in my life.

The three biggest inspirations in my life are my Husband, my Daughter, and my Mother. Each one of them teaches me on a daily basis of how to better myself, and how to love and appreciate life more. I could go on for hours about what it is exactly that each one teaches me, but I'll leave that for another post. Right now I am going to go curl up on my nice couch, with a hand painted red mug with colored hearts on it that I made with a friend, drink some Chamomile tea, and watch Cashmere Mafia. I will sit there and wait for the love of my life to come home, and I will be thankful for the nice things I have in my life. Thankful for the people, beauty, and meaningful things I have!

3 comments:

brooke2916 said...

You write so beautifully (is that a word... looks weird after writing it). So often, I read your blog and it takes me a step back... I need to be more thankful and realize that there is so much there.

{{Hugs}}

Liz said...

sniff...

thanks for hanging tough for me. =)

Our Family of Four said...

well said... I too am thankful. Thanks K!

stat counter