Saturday, February 9, 2008

*Smile*

One of the things I have been thinking about is Motherhood. How it is the hardest thing you will ever do in your life, but also the most rewarding. I was at the park with Paisley the other day, she falls, gets a boo-boo, and all she needs is ME to kiss it, and POOF, she is all better. I mean, how does that work? I know I am her Mommy, her best friend, her confidant, but I'm just amazed how little ol' me can make one little person feel THAT much better. Please don't read this wrong- I love it. I guess I just don't feel like I should be so powerful. It's weird.

I love how I can turn her bad mood into a good mood with the expression on my face. Oprah once said (not to quote- something along these lines) That a child is just waiting for your face to light up to smile. Every time I look at Paisley I am thinking about that. I can make or break her attitude in seconds, all by my expressions. Again, weird.

Every day I try to make Paisley laugh as much as I can. It has become a personal challenge. Today- I chased her for over 35 minutes around the house- picking her up and throwing her up in the air, hiding behind doors, popping out and yelling "Boo" acting like I was going to eat her- All to see her smile. It rocks my world, and then some, just to see her smile.

2 comments:

brooke2916 said...

You're such a good mommy

Liz said...

this is so sweet! and it is SO TRUE. when something happens you can just see it in their eyes, waiting for your response.

p is always going to remember the things you guys do together. =)

you should save this post for the days you feel like less than the supermom you are.

stat counter