Saturday, February 9, 2008

Yummy in my Tummy

Ok- I have been meaning to post this for a few days. In fact, I have about 3 different posts going on inside my head right now- so check back in a few, I'm sure those will be up soon! :)

Last week, after Liz posted her Deceptively Delicious posts, I whipped out my copy of it and started pureeing. (did I spell that right?) I made Paisley Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Marinara sauce. The hidden treasures were spaghetti squash, and a whole carrot. :) She ate it ALL. Every last bite of it! YAY for "DD" :) Then, tonight she ate a frozen lasagna, I heated it of course, and hidden in it was Zucchini and Yellow SUmmer Squash! Really- this whole concept is AWESOME. You don't even need the book- just get creative! :)

4 comments:

Our Family of Four said...

You know it's funny because I've been doing this FOREVER! Although the book is good for some other ideas. I have a great brownie recipe with tofu and prunes. I know, sounds gross but it's DECEPTIVELY DELICIOUS!

Liz said...

YAY for DD!!!

I'm SO GLAD she ate all her spaghetti!!! That must have made you feel so good!=)

Michelle, you should have published a cookbook a year ago. I keep trying to recreate your yummydelicious spaghetti squash pie and it's always a disaster for me.

Kalyn said...

Liz- I'll just send you the recipe. Then you wont have a disaster on your hands :)

Anonymous said...

I just today made the blueberry bars from that book and they are awesome. You'd never know there was spinich hiding inside-and Nathan LOVES the choc chip cookies with chick peas-can you tell I've only tried the sweets so far! Seriously, I figure the raisins and the oats are good for something and it's the only way I can get him to eat both of those things too! Kate

stat counter