Friday, April 18, 2008

I Have A Green Thumb. Thankyouverymuch.

Well, it may be too early to tell, but so far, so good. I went to Lowes the other day after leaving my landlord a really sweet message. I had told her how much we love this home, and that we would love some more flowers to brighten up the back flower bed. She called me back, and said she would bring some over. The next day, I checked our front door, and we had four. FOUR. 4 little purple plants. None of which had flowers. SO, I went to Lowes, and only had to spend 20$ and bought about 20 flowers/plants. I had set them out for our gardener to plant, because they told me to do so, but they never planted them for me. So Wednesday I dug little holes, planted my sweet plants, and watered my lil' babies. 3 days later- they are blooming even more, spreading out in my Flowerbox- and doing GREAT. They look like they are content and happy. GRANTED..... I got some of the easiest plants to grow- and I'm not a Plant Killler, like my dear friend LIZ... But I'm no Landscape Architect either. SO.... here's to my new pretty babies- and I hope they survive my love! :)

Also- worked out on my Eliptical for 45 minutes today, and layed out for 1hr. I feel GREAT! :)

6 comments:

Liz said...

sigh. it is true. one day all the souls of all those little plants i've murdered are going to come back and do some serious damage to me while i sleep, i swear it.

super ta-das, too! hooray for the elliptical! =)

you know what would be REALLY great? if you posted a photo of your non-dead plants. =)

Kalyn said...

hahahaha.... why? You want proof that they are alive?? Hahahaha...Alright.... I'll work on it! :)

Our Family of Four said...

well you ARE a photographer... I was looking for a photo too!

And Liz, do you mean to tell me you killed all those beautiful plants that I had in my yard for over 2 years?

Kalyn said...

hahahaha... BUSTED!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool, hooray on the workout, it just takes one time to get in the groove, then you will feel guilty when you don't! Love flowers, we bought this eight pack of great herbs at costco (only $15) they are the good ones like basil, rosemary, cilantro etc. Now I have to try my luck at planting those...I've always wanted an herb garden! Or I may just make Andy do it!!
BEAR

brooke2916 said...

mmmmmm. Cilantro. I love cilantro.

Yay for the plants!! Sounds like a story that I would be telling though! LOL!

stat counter