Saturday, August 9, 2008

Go Red, White, and Blue




I finally have some quiet time alone in the house for a bit- and what do I do.... come on the computer. Go figure. Last night was the Opening Ceremonies for the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics. I think it might have been one of the most jaw dropping sights I have ever seen. The drumming fascinated me and well, so did everything else! What precision! I can't wait for all my favorite sports to come on TV. I have a guide that tells me when each sport is on TV. My Favorites are Swimming, Diving, Floor Exercises, and any of the Men's gymnastics. I love the Olympics, and I am so glad that I got to watch the opening ceremonies with my Mom last night! (She's in town for Paisley's party)

Today we leave at 3:30 to go see Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey's Circus. WHOA. Say that three times fast. After much frustration, my Mom could not decide what to get our sweet Paisley. The child does not need another toy, or any more clothes, so when we found out the circus would be in town, it was perfect! This was my Mom's gift to Paisley, Tommy and myself. I think I might be more excited than Paisley. I haven't been to a circus in probably 15 years! Don't you fret- I'll take LOTS of photos! :)

Tomorrow at 2 the festivities begin. I got all the last minute stuff yesterday- the Goody bags (or should I say BASKETS) are packed to the brim- the food is all ready to be cut and prepared, the drinks are waiting to be put on ice, and the vodka is waiting to be mixed into the wonderful lemonade spritzer :) * Hey, with a bunch of 3-5 year olds running around, a Mom (or Dad) needs to take the edge off! :) I am sooo excited for this party. I feel like each year I get more and more excited for her to enjoy the party that Tommy and I so lovingly throw for her! Again, I'll take lots of photos!

Have a Great Weekend! And Enjoy the Olympics!!!

2 comments:

brooke2916 said...

YAY! Logan and I can't wait for the party :)

And, yes, the opening ceramony was absolutly breathtaking! I can't wait for the gymnastics and the swimming too.

Our Family of Four said...

Wish we had a t.v. but hey we have internet FINALLY!

Yeah for Paisley's birthday. I meant to write and tell you about the great Fischer Price digital camera we got for Max because I thought of P. when I bought it. If she is anything like her mom go find one for her my kids LOVE IT!

stat counter