Thursday, September 11, 2008

Time

Today is a monumental day in the Kavanaugh household. I signed up for 24 Hour Fitness, and am getting 28 sessions with a personal trainer. It should only take approx. 25 weeks to reach my goal weight, but I will have a personal trainer along side me to keep me motivated. I have already committed to the diet side of my new "Lifestyle Change" and I have been working out at home on my Eliptical. 


This is my time.

I have spent the last three years of my life dedicating time to Paisley and Tommy. Being a Mommy, a Wife, a Friend, a Daughter, a Daughter in-law, and so on. I have tried to be the best that I can be in each role I play and by doing so, I have let my body go. I never used to be this overweight- it happened because of getting pregnant. I hate that some of my (newer) friends know me as the Kalyn I am now- I am going to change that... NOW! 
 
It's my time. 

I am so excited for this time. I am actually looking forward to going to the gym. I owe it to myself, to my family, and it's about darn time, I get my butt in gear!

4 comments:

Liz said...

hey! hooray! i love that gym!

listen, if you get a chance to choose your trainer, go look on that one wall with all the before and afters and try to either get that lady who is kicking everyone's arse, or get a guy! that's what i would have done if given the chance to do it over again...oh...and if you are a group fitness kind of person (i love it), shawndee is not my fave. the guy that does kickboxing early in the morning is SUPER. =)

yay my unsolicited dollah fiddy

Kalyn said...

hahaha..... is the girls name "Amy" B/c she is the one I think I want. :) Also- yes, I will be doing Yoga and Pilates in the mornings for the first few weeks, then I will be doing kickboxing. :) SOOOOOO excited! :)

Steph said...

Kalyn, I'm really excited for you! I really hope that your excitement continues, and that you get the results you are looking for! Best of luck to you...I can't wait to hear all of your stories! :)

McCoyFamily said...

You go girl:)

stat counter