Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm not fishing... I swear!!!

DId I tell you what I did the other day while on my much needed alone time? I donated blood!!!!! I have never done it before, but grew up watching (literally) my Dad do it every 8 weeks. Religiously. I always have wanted to, but there are some requirements, like no tattoos within 12 months, not having a baby, stuff like that. So I went through my mental checklist, and I qualified!!! I walked in and got all nervous... but after 5 minutes of donating (they said I was Super fast at it- normal people take approx. 10-15 min.) (Maybe it was b/c I kept squeezing the ball to make it go faster!!! :) 2 cookies later, and a cranberry juice- I felt great, and VERY proud of myself for being so selfless on my Me Day! :) To top it all off, there was a massage therapist there offering free 15 min. massages!!!

To TOTALLY copy Liz and Stephanie, here is a version of my List:

1. To go to the gym 5 days a week.
2. Make Paisley smile EVERY day. (Not a hard task!)
3. Do something kind for a random stranger EVERY DAY!!!
4. To scrapbook more- believe it or not, I never do anymore!!
5. Allow myself to get a pedicure once a month :)
6. Go on date night twice a month. (I'd like more, but I'm being real here people!)
7. To clean my home more often :)
8. Teach Paisley about donating and the act of giving.
9. Educate myself more on a particular subject.( nothing in particular, I just want to stimulate my brain!!!)
10. Be a better Friend.

....and that's all folks! :)

5 comments:

Liz said...

hehehehehe brody's on the sidebar

GREAT list! so excited to see how it all works out! and congratulations on donating blood! someone is going to REALLY appreciate that! =)

Brandi said...

I've tried to donate 3x and always have low iron, no matter what so YAY for you! Love the list. Wanna do one for me?

Kalyn said...

yeah, I had no idea I had to get my finger pricked first- to test my iron count. My iron count was high he said, so it was good to go. But Man..... when he squeezed my finger to get it to bleed- that hurt more than actually donating!!! :)

Mommy3 said...

Good job! Thats great! And thats a great list! I need to think of one. It helps keep things in a positive and motivating light! :)

Anonymous said...

OH Kalyn you are SO GOOD! Giving blood and all-that is so nice! Great list too......So happy to see you blogging again-I've missed reading your blog this past week! -Kate

stat counter