Friday, January 9, 2009

They Talk The Talk

While I was at the gym today, I picked up a Prevention Magazine while on the Precor Trainer. (Like an Elliptical) I started reading- and the more I read, the more confused I got.  Why is it that so many people say so many things? For example: Joe Schmo A says walking briskly for 15 min. every morning will help you  lose weight 5% faster than not walking in the morning. But the Joe Schmo B  says to not walk in the morning- to only do weights. Another example: Eating one cup of blueberries every day will help your skin look and feel smoother. Almonds will help the shininess in your hair and 3 oz of Pomegranate seeds will help you prevent heart disease. 


 BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. 

It's the same with Parenting too. There are so many people telling you what to do all I am left with is confusion, not a clean colon.  Seriously, if I ate (or drank) all the things that each and every health professional told me to, all I'd do is gain weight, not lose it. 

Am I the only one who gets confused with all this talk?

4 comments:

Liz said...

yeah, it can get really confusing when the experts...highly trained and experienced people...disagree. but blueberries and almonds and pomegranate seeds sound awesome. hooray for polyphenols and antioxidants. =)

Kalyn said...

yeah- I've got a pretty good understanding of it all- I just do't like how one person can say one thing- and then days later, I hear some one diff. say something completely diff.

I guess you just have to find your way, and follow one person to listen to. Ya know???!!!!

brooke2916 said...

I've always found this frustrating. It's actually the main reason I don't research health issues and a lot of parenting stuff online, everyone says something diferent, but everyone thinks they're right. So, I always just stick with what my gut says and follow that.

Our Family of Four said...

Everybody is different in personality and body. So... I think when you read you just need to keep in mind that a lot of it is theory and that the reaction of YOUR body or the manner in which you raise YOUR child play a lot into the results. I use it all as information gathering and see what works for me and my family.

stat counter