Wednesday, May 30, 2007

$1200 for a tan???

PUH-LEASE tell me someone saw the new show on E (entertainment) on Monday night called Sunset Tan. OMG- I almost started crying. Besides the story I am about to tell you- it was like a carwreck. I COULD NOT turn it off. I had to keep watching. It was probably one of the worst shows I have ever seen!!! The story that really "caught my eye" was This mother and daughter, who was about 9 or 10 yr old. Maybe. They came in, and the mother explained to the clerk, that she needed her daughter to be tan for her school pictures the next day. The sales guy looked into the camera and said "Easy Sale" He asked the little girl if she wanted to be pretty like Lindsay Lohan ??!!!!! I know- WHAT???? Like she isn't the second worst role model on the face of the earth right now. Paris takes the cake. Ok- so then, the mom said to the little girl- we don't want you to look "pasty like last year. We want you to be the prettiest girl in your class". THEN, the clerk suggested like 6 or 7 different lotions and creams to excel her tan. Pre lotions, after lotions, excelerators during the tan, scrubs, oils... you name it. AND THE MOTHER BOUGHT IT ALL!!!! It only cost her $1,200. FOR A TAN????? FOR A 10 YR OLD!!!!!!!! DOES ANYONE SEE THE PROBLEM HERE BUT ME???? ok- calm down Kalyn. Anyways.... the mother agreed to get the "cocktail" for her daughter, which is when you tan in a high pressure bed, then do a Mystic tan after. When they showed the little girl in the Mystic, she said so sadly, "Mommy- I don't want to do this" and the mother completely ignored her!!! Then- the best/worst part of all of it- was they showed a mug shot of the little girl after her "cocktail" and she looked like an Oompa-Loompa!! I swear, if any of my friends ever did that. I'd call CPS on their A@@. If you want or need to see this episode- it is re-playing on E. (be prepared.... it's a little much! )


Sunset Tan Scheduled to Air:
Wednesday, May 30, 1:30 p
Wednesday, May 30, 6:00 p
Wednesday, May 30, 10:30 p
Friday, Jun 1, 12:30 a
Thursday, May 31, 8:30 p

1 comments:

Brandi said...

Are you serious? And Lindsay Lohan is back in rehab. Holy crap. There should be a law that kinds under a certain age can't fake tan anyway!

stat counter