Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Where's your place??

After reading my second favorite blogger, BOOMAMA, latest post- I got to thinking.... where is your place to unwind? When the ordinary hustle and flow of life get you down.... what do you do? Where do you go? When the kids are gone, or the hubby is working, or the boyfriend is out with the boys.... what do you do? Here is my response to BOOMAMA'S question:

"Right now- my favorite place is on our balcony. I go out there right as the objects around me turn black, and the sky is bright blue. It is this magic hour right around 8pm. This is my favorite time of night b/c the city settles, and the people unwind. I listen to the cars drive by, and just breathe. Sometimes here in southern California- you can even see a star, and when that happens, it makes my moment even better. Later on in the eve. I drink a cup of my “Sleepy-time EXTRA” tea at night- (with two tea bags) and when I am finished, I go back out on my balcony- and look for the moon, and the 8 stars Southern California allows me to see. The cold air makes this moment even better, and makes me feel more alone. Something I often feared growing up, and something now I embrace. It is a different kind of alone now. It is an accompanied alone."

So- I ask you this, where is your spot? Where do you go to be alone?
Feel free to post your comments in my...well... comment section. :)

4 comments:

Susan said...

Can you believe Grey's....yes I did read your blog.
I L Y....XXX Where is my Mothers day gift!!!!

Lainey-Paney said...

My place: Northpark Mall in Dallas Texas.

Or...bargain shopping at some little shops around town that feel like my own little hidden gems.

I practice retail therapy.
Hey, it may not solve any problems...but I don't spend a fortune, and it makes me feel better.
:)

Lainey-Paney said...

oooh...but that's not necessarily to be alone. I mean, in one regard---I'm shopping alone. The people I encounter don't ask me for milk or juice, or to watch Poker on tv, or hand them this or that...
so, in a way, I'm alone.

Alone but surrounded by strangers.

Liz said...

hmm...i used to go to yoga class. but now since i'm gainfully (har) employed and that is not a feasible option, i guess it's the bath. sometimes, when i haven't taken enough me time and i feel like my head is going to explode, i just unroll all the windows while we're on the highway so at least i can't hear anything. ooh. does that make me a bad mom?

stat counter