Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

The decorations are out, the garland is fluffed... the stockings are hung (Ok- they really aren't yet- but the rest is true.) Today is Dec. 1st. and Dec. first is a good day for us! It is not only my Grandmas 83 Birthday today, but it is when the festivities begin!!!

Today we met up with our good friends, The Fischer Girls to do a little sitting on Santas lap, them- not us, (that would be weird if Liz and I sat on his lap.) to ensure the proper gifts arrive under the tree. Carly asked for a Gordon, he is one of Thomas the Trains friend, and Paisley asked for a horse with hair so she can "bushh" it. Actually earlier in the day when we were prepping for Santa- she said she wanted Caw-yee. Isn't that sweet? After Santa, we went to Rubys Diner for a quick lunch. Paisley and I were a disaster. That's all I am going to say. Ok- that's not true at all. Paisley wanted to be anywhere and everywhere than where she was supposed to be. I felt like my head was about to pop. I probably went out one day too early with the last of this head cold. But other than that... it was good to get out. Today felt like the first day of December, and I liked it.

After my kids wake up from their naps, we are going to get the camera, bundle up, and head to our local Christmas Tree lot. We are going to get the biggest, baddest, tree there is. At this particular lot any tree under 9 feet is only $24.95 How can you beat that? And with 14 foot ceilings.... I am ready to break out the ladder to put that star on top!!! I love having a real, live, Christmas tree in my home. The smell is so nice. For me, the longer I can leave it up... the better. This afternoon and evening, we are going to decorate, string popcorn (*OOH darn, I need to go get cranberries) with cranberries, watch Christmas movies and sing carols. GOSH I love Christmas. So, with that being said.... Happy 1st of December people, and a Happy new year.

4 comments:

Liz said...

happy holiday season!!! let the festivities begin!!!

really, i want to jump around in a green tunic and stripey tights. okay maybe not, but that's how i feel inside. =)

Ghia said...

spread some of that holiday cheer this way, please (kalyn & liz)...i mean, i'm not the grinch or anything--i'm just not feeling it yet...maybe it's because my entire family is spending the holidays and maui and we're stuck here because jed has to work :o(

Sarah D said...

Wow, you really make me feel festive...too bad I can't get my house in the "mood" yet. With a sick husband...can't get down the decorations from the attic :( Wish I was right there with ya!

McCoyFamily said...

Where did you find a tree for $24.95 that is green that's amazing?

stat counter