Sunday, January 20, 2008

Coup-Shmoup!

Ohhhhh boyyy....... At 3:30 in the morning (Friday) Tommy and I woke up to a little seal barking. I honestly though someone's dog got loose in our backyard or something. It was that bad. After spending an hour in a steam filled bathroom to open her airways, Tommy finally got her back to sleep at 5am. All day Saturday she was fighting the congestion in her chest. Last night she woke herself up 6 times in a two hour period-at midnight I made the executive decision to take her to the ER. They brought us right in and ended up giving her a steroid shot to open her lungs. The nurse must not have been good at giving shots b/c she MAN HANDLED poor Paisleys little thigh. Paisley has no voice (the Stridor, which is Croup, goes after the vocal cords first) so she sounded awful. She screamed for a good 5 minutes!!! My heart was breaking! I brought her home, and put her to bed. That was a NO GO. She wanted nothing to do with sleeping on her own, she wanted to be held!! SO- after a combined 4 hours of sleep we are BOTH exhausted today!!!

I am so ready to have my husband back home with us, and to help me out! (He has been at work since 6am on Friday) I know God only gives you as much as you can handle- but after last night.... I am beginning to wonder what else he has up his sleeve!!! BRING IT ON oh mity smiter.. hahaha "Bruce Almighty" !

No really though- I was going to start posting a "Daily Happy Thought" but for the past week- I got nothin' :)

7 comments:

brooke2916 said...

OMG! Poor Paisley! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help hun.

Maria said...

Andy's had croup a couple of times and there is just nothing nice about it. There is so little that you can do. When you hear that telltale cough, you know exactly what it is. The steriod does wonders though! So glad you were able to get her the shot. We've had the shot and the tablet.
Here's to hoping Paisley recovers quickly.

Kalyn said...

Maria- I am hoping you are right, but so far, 16 hours later.... the shot has done NOTHING :(

Our Family of Four said...

Interesting... I've had the croup MANY times and Max had it last year. No one has ever offered a shot or tablet. The only thing that I know that works is the steam in the bathroom and a humidifier in the room. I know how you feel Kalyn... croup is scary. Max slept with us for about a week before he felt better and I was confident enough in his breathing to put him back in his own room. Hugs to Paisley.

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap Kalyn!! That sounds so awful. I have honestly been in my own little world for the past few days with School and Cody. I reallly hope that P get's better soon, I have only read about Croup and I know it's terrible.

Hang in there and let me know if there is anything we can bring you.

Love Courtney

Brandi said...

Yucky! Hoping for a speady recovery.

Ghia said...

Hope she's feeling better...

stat counter