Tuesday, January 22, 2008

one, five, eight.

Today Paisley and I were playing outside in our backyard. We have been so pent up these past 4 days- it was nice to get out- Plus, Mocha needed some yummy grass time :) While P and I were playing, she gradually collected rocks from the side of our yard. Now- Paisley can count, but it is all over the place. She prefers the numbers 1,5 & 8. Kinda like Carly liked 2,3 & 6 I wonder if somewhere some book explains numbers and how it relates to some kind of personality trait or IQ level :) ANYWAYS- back to the story. All of a sudden, Paisley starts counting the rocks- one, tooo, thee, fo, five, sex, beben, Ate, nigh, ten, E-beben, twelve!

OMG.

Are you kidding me? I haven't even really been working on anything much more that 5 let alone 12! I swear- her words and number (obvioulsy) have doubled since she started watching Dora & Diego. I know, I know.... I am NOT a fan of either of the two shows- but hey... if they can teach my kid how to count and speak Spanish- She can watch it all she wants!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

brooke2916 said...

Don't you love it when they shock you like that!! Logan did the same thing (counted all the way to 12), without me even trying to teach him... so, yeah, I'm with you: if some of those annoying shows are teaching are kiddos good stuff, you bet they can watch them!

Brandi said...

Same over here. I hate those annoying Preschool Prep videos but Ryan knows the entire alphabet, and numbers 1-10 by site..and now if you say 1, he'll say 2, etc. Now he is watching The Letter Factory and learning the sounds...

Liz said...

yay for peace peace and outside time with the bunny! she's a smart cookie, that one. the child, not the bunny. =)

Our Family of Four said...

I hate to admit this but... I actually like those shows! Really the backyardigans are my favorite but the kids disagree.

Yeah for Paisley and her counting. Don't ya wonder what else she's got in her head that she's not telling you about? I swear my kids understood waaaaay more than I gave them credit for or was certain of and therefore got away with ALOT 'til I figured 'em out!

Liz said...

who's going to take four, seven, nine and ten?

=)

stat counter