Saturday, May 24, 2008

Geek Squad Here We Come (vol.4)

Tomorrow at 1 pm I am taking my MAC BACK to Geek Squad. The manager himself is handling my computer- and he said no one else will lay a finger on it. I AM SO FRUSTRATED!! I told him today that I don't enjoy being a difficult customer- and that I would much rather be bringing him and his fellow geeks home made cookies, than reporting them. He didn't laugh so much. I guess Geeks don't laugh a things like that. :) You see- I am a firm believer that you get further with kindness than rudness, where other people I know think that they "own" the people that they hired. People are Human, and I accept that :) Either way- he said no matter what needed to be done to my computer- we would not pay a thing... so that's good. Whatever- I just want it to be OVER and for my computer to be running smoothly like it WAS.

Paisley and I baked cookies today- it was a (capital "D") Disaster. Not the baking part- that was fun. The decorating part. She literally dumped one entire bottle of sprinkles on about 4 cookies. The mound of sprinkles on each must have been 2 inches high!! It was actually kind of funny- but not at all at the same time :)

I leave in about 2 weeks to Colorado, to photograph my childhood best friends wedding. I am so excited to be a part of her special day, fly on an airplane alone, and stay in a hotel, again, alone. MUCH NEEDED. :) I love my family, but C'mon, who doesn't enjoy flying alone with an ipod in your hand and a cocktail in the other? HELLO??????

Okay- gotta go. My dishwasher is smoking.

5 comments:

brooke2916 said...

Why was your dishwasher smoking??

Yay for helpful managers at Geek Squad. Hopefully they'll finally get you all figured out and you won't have to deal with this anymore.

Kalyn said...

hahaha- I dunno. The ring at the bottom that heats up wasn't getting wet for some reason. Friggin RENTAL!!!! whatev- maybe now she'll get us a nice, sprakly, brand new one! :)

Yeah- yay for managers- but I have to bring it BACK- and that is no fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love drinking cocktails on airplanes. Even if they are $5 for a tiny glass, by the way, the airplane margaritas are not too bad. Additionally, My dishwasher used to smoke too, but I got it a nicotine patch.

Liz said...

sugar and vinegar; you are SO right...but i'm so sad your 'puter isn't working again! it was so nice when you first got it back! i hope he can fix it up for you...and it's great you don't have to pay.
but still. =(

omg - we're decorating cupcakes this afternoon. it's 90 degrees outside...and i don't know what i'm going to do. it's ONLY MAY. do you think your landlord will add an extra bedroom for me? with air conditioning? i only need it until like october...

Kalyn said...

FCUK the landlord- I've got an extra bedroom- as long as you don't mind easels and kitchens.

"SS" "nicotine patch" hahahahaha- THAT was funny. :)

stat counter