Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I have a little Seal.

Last night my Mother in-law and I got some fun new decorations for our house. We had plans to go out early this morning, and find a big clock to go on my living room wall.... but (there's always a "but") after waking up at 10, 12, 2, 4, and 5:30 to a little Seal in the house...... no decorating shopping for me. Paisley had Croup. Again. As I sit here and type, I see the hospital bill we just received from the last time she had croup. Just over 6 months ago. Croup is awful. I am trying to avoid the 100$ hospital bill, and the late night travel to the ER by going today to a doctors appt. today. Hopefully they will give her the steroid shot, and we can call it a day!

6 comments:

Maria said...

Also, see if you can convince them to give you the tablet. You smash it up and can feed it to them in applesauce.
The last time we went to the doc for Andy's croup, I was able to get the tablet and a couple weeks ago, Andy had a flair up so I was able to give it to him. It saved us a trip to the doctor.

Kalyn said...

DARN... should have read this before I went!!! They gave her "prednisone" in liquid form. She doesn't really like the taste- but she drinks it. It seems to be helping! WHY is this Croup stuff so bad???!!!! I hate it!!!

Liz said...

Poor sweet baby girl! I hope it clears up soon!

Our Family of Four said...

Aw poor P. Did they tell you a steamy bathroom clears it up too. If she wakes in the middle of the night run a hot shower and have her sit there a couple minutes and she'll be good to go. Or buy a humidifier - worked like magic for Max!

Kalyn said...

Been there..... DONE that. A LOT!!! :)She is actually much better. Still whiny- and tired- but overall, MUCH better. Getting the Prednisone into her as quick as we did made ALL the difference!!!! Oh, and yes- we have the fan and the humidifier on in her room- and her window cracked :) Thanks guys!

brooke2916 said...

Poor P! I hope she's feeling better!

stat counter