Saturday, August 23, 2008

Darbie and Bugs

Paisley got a new Barbie, as a Birthday present yesterday. She is a Fairytopia Barbie. Paisley can not get "Barbie" right. She keeps calling her "Darbie" I think it's sweet. Right now she is singing her version of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" It goes: "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Nose, and Boobies!!" Last night she figured out that she can strip down her Darbie and see what she's got. In her words, she said " I want to see her go pee-pee"

There are so many new things that Paisley is doing. 9 outta the ten things crack me up. One makes me mad. Yesterday she decided to hit the ground. Like slap it. With both hands. When I saw her do it- I jumped up, and put her in a time out. I have NOOO idea where she got it from, and it is certainly not from Tommy or I. I am trying to nip this in the butt before it gets bad. I don't want her going to school with this new form of expression!

Yesterday we caught a grasshopper (SHOOT- I forgot to let it loose last night! WHOOPS!) It's like a zoo here. A few days ago we caught a very green worm (maybe a caterpillar) Paisley named him "Verde" The next day, we caught a Butterfly. THen, at Brookes new house, we caught rolly pollies. I don't know what's going on. I honestly don't think I have seen that many bugs, in such a close amount of time. It kinda scares me- if we keep looking at this rate, what are we going to find next? OOH, maybe a hedgehog????

4 comments:

Liz said...

well at least you got the cute bugs....we had to move to another part of the state to get away from the kind of bugs we were collecting! geez! =)

Kalyn said...

true

Our Family of Four said...

CA is GREAT for bug collecting! Max had so much fun with roly pollies, catapillars, snails... we were hard pressed to find anything more than worms, ladybugs and, in the summer, fireflies. Not sure what we'll find here!

Anonymous said...

So, funny! Faith called her Barbies Darbie for a while, too. That's cute.

stat counter