Sunday, August 24, 2008

Venting Session # 1 (for the day)

I think my child hates me.

***For those of you who don't have kids, or whose kids aren't 3 yet- either skip this post- or please don't judge. You'll be there too someday!!! ***

Somebody, anybody, EVERYBODY please tell me this is a phase, and that in 2 weeks (OR LESS!!!) she will be back to her sweet self asking for snuggles and Mommy kisses!!! Paisley is in a "phase" where everything I ask her to do, she does the opposite, or tells me she doesn't want to. When she is in trouble, she lightens the situation by saying "It's okay Mommy, don't be mad- I can make you happy!" Followed by a happy dance, silly face, or big snuggles. Not that I don't appreciate her trying to keep things in the positive, but sometimes she needs to understand the issues at hand, and feel in trouble. You know what I mean?

Tommy has been working A LOT this week, and that has left me alone to deal with all this. I leave on Thursday (my B-day) for a quick trip with Sarah (SD Scrapbook Expo here I come!!!) I am really looking forward to that alone time. It always seems like when I know I have some "time off" that the days leading up to it are just painful. Maybe life does that so I appreciate my time alone more. I dunno. Either way- I will be enjoying the Marriott beds, drinking a few cocktails, and scrapping..... what could be better??
(I know, having Brooke and Liz there with me!)

6 comments:

Liz said...

it's gonna be okay =)

brooke2916 said...

Oh yes... I know EXACTLY what you're going through! Don't worry... IT'S JUST A PHASE!!! Logan goes through this every once in a while... and, yes, it can be very irratating when they try to be cute and ignore that you're trying to dicipline. My advice, don't let the cute stuff overshadow the matter at hand... make sure that she knows that she can't fool you with giggles and dances.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Mommy3 said...

Being a mommy can be very trying at times...I also have been going through a tough time being a mommy lately (refer to blog) but just take a breath, you will get through this, and if anything there is always tomorrow! Hopefully it'll go better than today! :)

Our Family of Four said...

Oh yeah... Maggie and Paisley have joined the same cult!

Brandi said...

Amen sister over here!

McCoyFamily said...

Patrick's favorite word a few weeks ago was no so I know how you feel. Have a great Scrappin Birthday weekend:)

stat counter