Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree....

I don't know why, but every year it's getting harder and harder for me to decide what to do with my Tree. Yes, "my" tree. :) This year I was planning to buy all new Cherry Red ornament balls with the new Black ones at Walmart (ICK- I know!) Then they had some really neat Black and Red Damask print decoration boxes that I was going to throw under the tree. But let's face it... I am not 21 anymore- and I am not a single, cosmopolitan drinking girl who sits on roof top bars wearing Jimmy Choo's. **SIGH** I am a Mama, with hand made ornaments from the past 3 Christmas's. I have some of my FAVORITE childhood ornaments, Tommy's childhood ornaments and ones that we have gotten each year we have been together. I don't know what to do.... this stuff drives me up the walls!!! HECK- it's not even December yet, and I am THIS stressed out about it! GEESH.

3 comments:

Liz said...

you aren't stressed! you're intently planning...it's your christmas tree...and it is ALWAYS perfect. don't let it be a sad thing! maybe this year go waaaay o.t.t. and do fuschia and teal and purple...KIDDING!!!

or red with two kinds of green...

omg i just had a super idea. TWO TREES, a small one w/ all your sentimental ornaments to go in the back part of your house and a big flashy perfect one to go up front! i am a genius.

Kalyn said...

We are doing two trees this year- but one is going in Paisley's room. I was in line (go figure) at the "icky store" and I saw little pre lit trees. Then they sell tree skirts, ornaments, and even tree toppers for these mini tees. Paisley was SOOOO excited! Shhh.... so am I :)

oh, and that's a negative on the fushia, teal and Purple.... but Cherry Red with a lime green and a traditional green isn't such a bad idea....

Brandi said...

every year i think of scrapping all the old ornaments and going for a color theme, but the "family" ornaments just don't look right and i can't bear to not have them on the tree. so...my tree looks weird every year, not to mention only half of it gets decorated because of my dogs. its also very bare because i can't put gifts under it either. darn dogs.

stat counter